Featured Post

Project 2020 - from hot mess to... ?

If you know me, you know I'm a self-confessed hot mess. A walking disaster with more issues than a grocery store gossip magazine. I'...

Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Project 2020 - from hot mess to... ?

If you know me, you know I'm a self-confessed hot mess. A walking disaster with more issues than a grocery store gossip magazine. I'm ADHD with generalized anxiety disorder who has fought constantly with insomnia and a super low self-esteem, with bouts of depression and mood swings mixed in between. In a nutshell, I'm a miserable person.


As I'm approaching that milestone known as middle-aged or "over the hill," I realize that I've already been going downhill for years.. how long before I hit rock bottom? Am I already there? I want to start the other half of my life up high. At my best, in all aspects of my life. And I want to stay there. So I have a massive project.... and I've named it


It sounds like some futuristic robotics project that may end with death and lots of destruction, and in a way it might be. No, nobody's gonna die... but I AM going to rebuild myself. And I don't know what may happen along the way. I'm going to be better, stronger, faster.... I just hope it doesn't cost 6 million dollars.


So here's the plan: 
Every week or so I will identify at least one thing about myself or my life that has/is an "issue." And I will spend the next week focusing on that specific issue and what I can do to resolve it. Some may take more than a week, some less, but I don't stop focusing on that issue until I'm satisfied that I have either resolved it or have a solid plan in place to getting it resolved as soon as possible. As the name shows, I have only a year (well, less, since I'm starting at the end of the first month). My goal is to be, by my 40th birthday, the successful, healthy, well-rounded, and happy person I've always dreamed of being. And I invite you to join me!

Will it be tough? 
Hell yes! 
Probably one of the toughest things I've done. 

Will I give up? 
Well.... hopefully not. 

I hope that I can recruit your help to keep me motivated and give me ideas for solutions. So please feel free to comment and question. Maybe an issue I'm working on is also something you wish to improve in your life. Let's talk about it! Let's help each other out! Just don't be a troll, please.

So let me put on my big girl panties and let's get this started! 
#project2020 #selfimprovement #selfawareness

No comments:

Post a Comment