Featured Post

Project 2020 - from hot mess to... ?

If you know me, you know I'm a self-confessed hot mess. A walking disaster with more issues than a grocery store gossip magazine. I'...

Sunday, January 23, 2011

My third promise: A mind is a terrible thing to waste...

My third promise:

I graduated with my bachelor's degree 6 years ago. I have always aspired to become a doctor when I "grow up." At this rate, I'll be a grandma by the time that happens. Not to say that wouldn't still make me happy, because I have always liked the phrase "better late than never," but I feel so unaccomplished by not actively continuing my education to its furthest extent. I took the GRE once, having never studied for it and failed to meet the minimum score for my masters program. That's the only thing preventing me from officially being accepted into the program.  I was devastated, but in all fairness I didn't even crack a book for it. So, I ordered a study guide and some vocabulary flash cards a while back to start studying for my next attempt. That was probably 6 months ago and have I even cracked the study guide? No. Have I even looked at one flash card? Well.. Yes.. but I don't remember what it said. So, my third promise is to get off my intellectual ass and actually study for this important exam, so that I can be officially accepted into my masters program and rock that degree in the shortest amount of time possible. CAN I GET AN "AMEN?"

Photo Courtesy of the new Washington Teacher's Union



No comments:

Post a Comment